Air Sacs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkieluvr, Nov 13, 2007.

1. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Hi Guys,

Just candled my first batch of eggs and they are on day 15 tomorrow morning, so I was just wondering what the air sac should look like at this point. These are silkie eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo and of the 10, 9 are doing perfect as far as I can tell! Wish me luck and please help me with the question.

Thanx!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

3. Wow, 9 of 10 --- great job incubating, Alyssa!

Did you find what you were looking for in the link?

I believe I've got a couple of Silkie eggs here on Day 15, too.
    I'll check the air cells and we can compare.

Good luck!

Lisa

4. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Yup, I think that they are right on track! I threw egg number 10 out fairly early, so I won't count it in the hatch rate. I candled and saw all 9 of the remaining chicks moving and the eggs are all almost full. I think we should have a nice outcome! Thanx so much for the great eggs!

Alyssa

Just checked again and 2 have ireggularly shaped air sacks from what I can see, is this normal because both are moving in the egg.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Ive had the irregular cells too. They seem to hatch just fine though. Good luck with your hatch.

6. silkieluvr

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Thank you so much, I was so worried when I saw that, but I'm hoping I'll be able to relax now. [​IMG]

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

It's pretty common to have irregular air sacks with shipped eggs. It usually doesn't effect hatchability unless it is really bad (like the cell is on the side of the egg. . .)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by