Air side of duck egg cracked on day 22 of incubation

Nellytheduck

Chirping
Aug 23, 2021
I came home from a short trip today to find my incubator knocked on its side (it was on the floor). My only casualty is one egg landed directly on its air sack end and it broke. It looks like the membrane is in tact. The rest of the eggs look fine, I candled them. I think it happened right when I got home and my dog was excited. Should I do anything? Plastic wrap? Glue?? Leave it??? Help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 14
I came home from a short trip today to find my incubator knocked on its side (it was on the floor). My only casualty is one egg landed directly on its air sack end and it broke. It looks like the membrane is in tact. The rest of the eggs look fine, I candled them. I think it happened right when I got home and my dog was excited. Should I do anything? Plastic wrap? Glue?? Leave it??? Help!
Candle wax, non scented candle wax. Light the candle and drip wax onto the crack until its covered.
Since it's the air cell, you have a good chance to save this baby

Sorry that no one replied sooner, by the way. Have you candled this egg? Candle before doing the candle wax. Let the wax solidify, shouldnt take more than a minute or two to harden, then back in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom