Air stairs vs. My foot....guess who won

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quadcam79, Mar 18, 2008.

1. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    So I went to work this afternoon, we have a regoinal jet coming in and already have one on the other gate so we have to use the airstairs that roll up to the plane. I was helping a coworker line them up at the plane and when they are lined up you have to release a handle which released the wheels away from the ground and the stairs sit in feet on the ground, when you drop the handle the stairs slam to the ground.

Well, I was watching her trying to release the handle and didnt realize that theres a gap under the first stair and my foot was still under there when the stairs came slamming down...all 800-1000 pounds of it.

That ended my day, had to go see the OJI doctor and since it was almost closing time there the x-ray tech was already gone. dr says he doesnt think it's broken but cant be sure until I come back in the morning and they do xrays. If it isnt broken it sure as hell feels like it. meanwhile I'm on crutches and wearing a walking cast type hard sole shoe.

this sucks [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

That sounds very painful! :eek: Hope you recover soon.

3. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    ouch. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it's just badly bruised and not broken. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

4. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    That really sucks!! Hope it's not broken, but even if it isn't it still hurts like heck! Hope you feel better soon. :aww

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I bet that was horribly painful. I'm so sorry.

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ow! I hope your ok. Hope all goes well tomorrow

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    OY! I hope it's not broken. I can totally relate about it feeling like it should be. Don't feel bad though...I would've probably done the same thing. I have a natural grace I inherited from my dad. [​IMG]

8. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    Hope it's not broken. I'm still not up to par after a very bad ankle break june 06!

Monica

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

OUCH! I hope that it's not broken and gets better soon! Please keep us updated!

10. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Hope it's just bruised and not broken also! Hoping for a fast recovery either way!
    :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww :aww

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by