Airmom, Pics of your Welsummer Pr.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jmhappycowboy, Mar 23, 2008.

1. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Debbie,
    Hey here are a couple of pics of your pr. of Welsummers. I tried to send them to you in a pm but couldn't figure out how to put the pics in.

Welsummer cockeral
    [​IMG]

Welsummer pullet
    [​IMG]

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    James! I'm tempted to drive over there RIGHT NOW just to hold them! [​IMG] How long until 8 weeks old? Aren't there only 3 weeks left???? They certainly have grown a lot since I was there! The pullet does remind me of Brandy around the cape especially.

I may have found a lead on a good helper when we build pens! My stepdaughter is dating a guy who tells me he knows the perfect helper for us. It has been a glorious day!

I wish YOU could come over here tonight and tell me what you think about Penny's eggs. I candled them, and I'm only certain one is bad because it has a definite blood ring. Three have me totally stumped, and the one I think may actually have a chick inside, might just be a blood spot. My eyes aren't good enough to see the network of blood vessels, or they aren't there. NERVEWRACKING! This is when I wish I had a better camera so I could show someone more knowledgable! Today is day 9, so I don't have to throw anything out just yet, but it's looking like I will be purchasing a couple of your April 5th hatch to place under my sweet Penny. She's been such a good broody! I think I didn't keep her eggs quite cool enough in the house. In other words, it's probably my fault.

NYREDS may be sending me a couple of RIR bantams if he can ship from his zip to mine. Between you and him, I may just be the new breeder on the block! [​IMG]

Thanks for these pictures. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  3. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    I think they will be named Kellogg and Cornflake. Maybe Boaz and Autumn. What do you think? How about Duke and Duchess? Allspice and Nutmeg???? Decisions, decisions! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by