Akron, OH to Meyer Hatchery Trip: Any Requests?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sixpantsmaloney, Apr 21, 2008.

1. sixpantsmaloney

sixpantsmaloney Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Hello.

I'm driving out to Meyer's Hatchery on May 12th or 13th provided I can get some Rhode Island Reds.

I was thinking if anyone else wanted chicks I could pick them up, save shipping, split the gas, and not have to worry about minimum order requirements.

E-mail me (please don't reply) if interested.

And just in case you suspect this is a scam (especially since I don't have a history here), you don't have to pay me in advance- I'll cover it until we meet up (well, unless I get $1000 in orders... I'm a teacher, not a high-risk mortgage broker) [​IMG].

Why am I doing this? Because I feel silly driving 90 miles round-trip for 3 chicks (I'm a beginner- that's all I want). Plus I want to get a feeder, waterer, etc. I'd feel better about getting more stuff for others.

I live in Akron, right by the Rt. 8 / I-76 interchange. We can talk on the phone as well if you like. Heck, if you want to ride along that's no problem.

Thanks!
    Brian

[email protected]

2. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    just a suggestion mypetchicken does small orders if you wanted only a few. Good luck with getting your new chicks.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

And have you tried any local feed stores? RIR's are pretty common birds. 90 round trip is a long way to go for 3 hatchery quality birds.

4. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

e-mailed you

5. sixpantsmaloney

Apr 21, 2008
    Wow... you guys are incredibly helpful to the new guy.

I will definitely consider those options. Although I look forward to a nice drive now and then, and my car gets great mileage, I still like saving a few bucks.

Cheers!
    Brian

6. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

e-mailed you again lol [​IMG]

7. sixpantsmaloney

Apr 21, 2008
    Although I received a wonderful offer, I'm going to run out to the hatchery on MAY 27th to pick up my chicks. I need so many other supplies that it just makes sense.

So, if anyone needs anything I'm heading out!

Thanks!
    Brian

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by