Akron, OH to Meyer Hatchery Trip: Any Requests?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sixpantsmaloney, Apr 21, 2008.

1. sixpantsmaloney

sixpantsmaloney In the Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Hello.

I'm driving out to Meyer's Hatchery on May 12th or 13th provided I can get some Rhode Island Reds.

I was thinking if anyone else wanted chicks I could pick them up, save shipping, split the gas, and not have to worry about minimum order requirements.

E-mail me (please don't reply) if interested.

And just in case you suspect this is a scam (especially since I don't have a history here), you don't have to pay me in advance- I'll cover it until we meet up (well, unless I get $1000 in orders... I'm a teacher, not a high-risk mortgage broker) [​IMG].

Why am I doing this? Because I feel silly driving 90 miles round-trip for 3 chicks (I'm a beginner- that's all I want). Plus I want to get a feeder, waterer, etc. I'd feel better about getting more stuff for others.

I live in Akron, right by the Rt. 8 / I-76 interchange. We can talk on the phone as well if you like. Heck, if you want to ride along that's no problem.

Thanks!
    Brian

sixpantsmaloney@gmail.com

2. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    just a suggestion mypetchicken does small orders if you wanted only a few. Good luck with getting your new chicks.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

And have you tried any local feed stores? RIR's are pretty common birds. 90 round trip is a long way to go for 3 hatchery quality birds.

4. e-mailed you

5. sixpantsmaloney

Apr 21, 2008
    Wow... you guys are incredibly helpful to the new guy.

I will definitely consider those options. Although I look forward to a nice drive now and then, and my car gets great mileage, I still like saving a few bucks.

Cheers!
    Brian

6. e-mailed you again lol [​IMG]

7. sixpantsmaloney

Apr 21, 2008
    Although I received a wonderful offer, I'm going to run out to the hatchery on MAY 27th to pick up my chicks. I need so many other supplies that it just makes sense.

So, if anyone needs anything I'm heading out!

Thanks!
    Brian

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: