Alabama Bantam Club hosts Show Oct. 15-16... You're invited!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by allaboutdemchicks, Oct 1, 2010.

1. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    [​IMG] *** FREE ADMISSION **** FREE ADMISSION *** FREE ADMISSION *** [​IMG]

Come look at birds, buy some birds or exhibit some birds (or all three!!) [​IMG]

ALABAMA BANTAM CLUB will be hosting a
    BANTAM AND LARGE FOWL
    TRIPLE POINTS POULTRY SHOW
    FRIDAY EVENING AND SATURDAY OCT. 15 & 16, 2010
    (NOTE: limit of 30 cages available to Large Fowl)

The Alabama Bantam Club invites you to our Annual Triple Points Show. For each adult show we have meets from numerous breed clubs.

All birds must be cooped by 6:30 PM on Friday evening and by 8:45 AM on Saturday morning. Entry fee is $2.50 per bird, per show.

ENTRY DEADLINE
    Oct. 13, 2010 – 9:00 PM

Show Hours
    The show barn will open at 2PM on Friday afternoon and close after the Fun Show. On Saturday morning, the barn will open at 6 AM.

FRIDAY NIGHT, OCT 15, Judging to begin at 6:30PM.
    SATURDAY, OCT. 16, Judging to begin at 9:00 AM

Swap area
    We will have a swap area for poultry and poultry related articles.
    Sale cages will be available for $2.50 per hole. Please reserve on your entry. Set up your own – $5.00. Bring your own tables if needed. (Get there early for best selection if you are planning to purchase birds !!!)

DAYS INN
    I 65 AT EXIT 205
    Clanton AL
    205-755-2420
    Special rate - $49.95 + tax
    You must tell them you are with the Alabama Bantam Club Poultry Show.

Directions to show
    From I-65 North – Right at Exit 212 on to Lay Dam Road West. (HWY 145) Pass Chilton Medical Complex, (hospital) TURN left on Airport Rd. Pass National Guard Army, Fairgrounds on left.

From I-65 South – exit at exit # 208 left on Lake Mitchell Road west. Right on Thrash Road to Airport road. Left, pass airport. Fairgrounds on right.

JUNIOR SHOWS
    We will have Junior shows on Friday evening and double judged junior shows on Saturday. The shows will be judged by all three teams of judges. Entry fee is $2.50 per bird per show. This show is for the young folks. JUNIORS ARE 18 AND UNDER, AND MUST COOP AND GROOM THEIR OWN BIRDS.
    NO EXCEPTIONS
    Violators will be disqualified.

Entry fee $2.50 per bird per show
    For more info> Show secretary is Claudia Gore (205) 646-0604
    Email: [email protected]
    or PM ME!!!! (I am allaboutdemchicks, the o.p.)

Another contact: Ann Ray (256) 282-0485

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I will be there. I'll be bringing bearded silkies to sell. Not quite sure which ones yet. I need to pick them all over again and update this post with what I have..

Update~ Birds for sale: White, Black/Split lavender, Blue, and whatever else I decide to sell by Friday.. LOL I've only changed my mind 3 times so far.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  3. annray55

annray55 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I'll be there with a couple of pullets to sell. I'm still not sure which birds I'm going to show. I may have to gather up the loose feathers and see if I can find out which bird is naked.

4. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Shoot, I could make a trio of new silkies with all of the feathers I have around the yard..

5. Candiss

Candiss Burdette Bantams

Jun 30, 2010
    Alabama
    I will be there, nothing to sell but looking for a few more silkies.. I had such a great time last month looking at all the birds..

Candace

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I will be there with 2 d'Uccles and 2 Silkies to show. I will have a Lavender Silkie juvenile cockerel for sale and possibley a few buff Silkies. Looking forward to seeing the Silkie Sisters again. Lets get into Champion Row again.

7. paytonchick

paytonchick New Egg

Apr 29, 2009
    Jemison,AL
    I will be there as well,My daughter wants a buff silkie hen hers aws killed and she would like another to go with her rooster.My name is Lynn Payton if you have any to sell we would like to see you. Thanks

8. annray55

annray55 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I will be bringing a splash pullet and a white hen to sell if I don't take them to Boaz this weekend.

9. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Okay everyone....the entrys are begining to come in! Look for the usual Dutch, OE, and Moderns to be there in abundance. Lots of the same faces but also some new ones to be there also!!

Expect to see some nice birds for sale!!!!! Bantam Cochins, Sebrights, Silkies, Dutch....

The concession stand will be open this time also.....yeah! The group that sells at the County Fair will be working this for us, perhaps they will fire up the grill as they do each night at the Fair. The smells are to die for!!

Ann will have our new Club Directory. That will be so handy with so many new members joining. Thanks Ann!!

Boaz Show is the buzz with everyone right now. I'm not going....I've got to meet a man about some Tenn. Silkies. (and I can't wait)

I hope everyone does great at Boaz! Nice guys up there. That Show will be sure to be on my list for next year.

Give 'em heck yall!!!!!

10. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] Would love to be able to go to this!!!! Have a darn wedding that weekend!!!![​IMG] Would definately rather go to the show!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by