Alabama People

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Goat_Walker, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Im near Montgomery, anyone else here in Alabama?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  2. kariboo

kariboo Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    Mathews, Alabama
    Hi! I've finally gotten the guts to post after lurking for over a year. I'm near Montgomery, too, in Mathews.

I started out with six chickens in July 2007 from a friend's family's broiler farm. Only one is still living--she's super tough. I also have two hens and a rooster I got from a feed store. They're some kind of mutts--they're just white like the broilers were, but they're not built the same. The hens have much smaller feet and are less meaty.

I'm a total city girl, so I never dreamt how much I would love having these birds!

But anyway, hi, everyone!!!

3. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well Im glad you finally posted! lol, Ive never "lurked" any where, Im WAY too social.

4. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    I'm NE of Birmingham. Goat Walker I think I talked to you a while back about your fish. Did you find them a home?
    My birds are 10 weeks now 25 welsummers 5 black giants 5 naked necks 5 Easter eggers 5 gold laced Wyn and 25 assorted polish 3 6 month black giant s and one silver laced Wyn I think is turning into a roo and my 4 ducks 1 muscovy one magpie and 2 campbell/magpie crosses that are the cutest!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  5. cgmccary

cgmccary Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    NE Alabama
    I'm in Anniston.

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:I was very lucky and the day before i had to leave i found the all a home at the same place. Seems my sister had been talking to someone and that person had just set up a new 69 gal and wanted some fish that were big and would grow some more.

7. tamsflock

tamsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Ashville, Alabama
    Glad to hear that. I wish you were closer I would have loved to have had some!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by