**ALABAMA/SEC FOLKS!! Lets talk Football!!!**

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by PearlD, Jul 8, 2008.

1. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I have permission to start a football thread as long as it remains civil and friendly! Yeah!![​IMG]

I want to know what everyone is feeling about the upcoming year and who you're rootin' for!!

*Please, no razzing of any posters, regardless of which team they love. Lets be nice!

*Also, other SEC states are welcome to join in for friendly football banter!!

OK, I'll start:

I cheer for the Auburn Tigers!! I live in Florence and go to as many games as we can afford!! We saved up and took our oldest son to watch the 2004 SEC Championship game against Tennessee. He has never forgotten Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, & Jason Campbell, and still uses Ronnie's #23 on all his sports jerseys! So who are we looking at this year?
    DH keeps up with all the drafting on Rivals, but I just want to watch them play!! I'm ready for a new coach, too! Tubbs is losing his edge, and I'm afraid Bama will dominate at this years Iron Bowl. [​IMG]

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Lord, if this thread doesn't get locked it will be a miracle!! LOL!! My husband was a MSU fan, and I was an Ole Miss fan, but after the last 3 years or so, I hate to claim either one. I hate to say it, but I think you are correct about Alabama this year. I think I'll just hunt more this year and not worry about none of them!!

3. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    WAR EAGLE!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. PearlD

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Well, I hope everyone can remain calm! My husband would be on here flaming and picking at people......but I just don't react that way. I'm not a big fan of singing my teams praises, either. When they stink.....they stink.....and I will readily admit it!! But I love Auburn! I love the campus in the fall, and the Tiger Walk before games, and the kids faces when the eagle flies overhead......I wish I was 18 again! DH roots for Ole Miss. on the side. We really enjoy most of the SEC teams, in fact.

(I may be up in a tree with you....... We just bought a new flat screen, and I'll be surprised if it makes it through football season. [​IMG])

5. PearlD

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    WAR EAGLE, Angel!![​IMG]

6. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    The last 15 minutes (which in football is 30 to 45 min) of the Iron Bowl is the ONLY football I watch and that's only if Auburn is winning. But I do disagree Mr. Tuberville is right on the ball. Not only is he a very nice person, he's a fine gentleman. He is a customer of mine. Auburn has been very unfair to their coaches. I don't know much about the Alabama coaches 'cause I just live near, Auburn. College is about education, football is just a game. I guess that's why one of my kids attended University of Alabama, and one is going to Auburn:)

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Yeah, when the egg bowl was on Thanksgiving day, we used to have to sit all the opposing family on seperate sides of the living room. There's like 60 MSU fans and 2 of us Ole Miss fans together at Thanksgiving. SInce they moved it from Thanksgiving, I havn't had time to watch! I don't think many people liked Tuberville when he was at Ole Miss and now, good gosh, I KNOW nobody cares for him. I myself think he ia a great coach.

8. PearlD

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    Oh most definately a great coach! I won't argue that at all! Look what he has done at AU these past few years! I'm just saying I think he's lost his edge......and it might be because of Al Borges.......we may see a difference in Tubbs this year with Al gone. My husband seems to think he will come back more aggressive with some new coaching staff.

Ruby, what type of business do you run? Very interesting that you see Coach out of his element! And exciting too! Those of us not from Auburn think of him as a celebrity......but I hear he's a pretty down to earth fella!

My husband is planning a trip to Auburn for a possible college transfer. He is currently working on his Engineering Degree, and we love the town and people. I could hang out there for a couple of years....no problem....[​IMG]

9. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    PearlD I pm'd you!

10. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG]
    Since this is a Chick named Auburn I will just have to say WAR EAGLE!!!! Momma needed a cheering buddy I think when I was young, but I am Blue and Orange all the way now on Iron Bowl Day but I know Alabama Fight song by heart and really don't know what Auburn's fight Song. I will cheer 'Bama as long as it's not 'Bama vs. Auburn.

WAR EAGLE!!!!![​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by