Alabama

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Tessie, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Tessie

Tessie New Egg

Oct 22, 2008
    Alabama
    Hi All,

I'm new here, have lurked for a while and decided to register and say hello! [​IMG]

My family and I live in Alabama, a little south of Birmingham. We are novice chicken owners, learning as we go. We are also home educators as well as homesteaders in training.

I'm not sure that this is the place for an intro, but took a chance and jumped in. I appreciate all of the information that I find here and look forward to learning more.

Tessie

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    First of all [​IMG]. My brother lives above you in Albertville. Nice to meet a newbie! [​IMG]

3. Macy

Macy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2008
    Alabama
    I am closer to Auburn in East Central Alabama. And I'm learning as I go as well. This board is what I needed it to bew and more.[​IMG]

4. Tessie

Tessie New Egg

Oct 22, 2008
    Alabama
    Thanks for the welcome! [​IMG]

We lived down in Alex City for about 5 years and now we're closer to Bham.

I'd like to learn how to post a picture so maybe someone can identify a couple of my chickens, but I'm not figuring it out. Can someone point me in the right direction?

5. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Hello and welcome to all the new peeps.
    There is already a thread called ALABAMA (it's on page 2 right now) and it has about 16 pages of some good info on birds and locations or other Alabama chicken addicts. [​IMG] You should look at it and see if there is also someone that is close to you that you may be able to contact for info and to trade eggs and or poultry.

Once again WELCOME [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jayare

6. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia
    Hi ya'll I'm new to .Born and raised in AL but I live in Ga now, near Perry. We have 29 chickens and they are really growing fast.

7. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Hi Tessie! I also live south of B'ham, in Jemison so we must not be far from one another. A big WELCOME to you! [​IMG] Claudia

8. Tessie

Tessie New Egg

Oct 22, 2008
    Alabama
    Hi to all! I sure would like to find a bantam silkie hen for my little lone roo! So anyone close enough to Chelsea or coming through please let me know!

I don't know anywhere around her to find chickens, but trying to keep my ears open.

[​IMG]

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Mikeeee can tell you all about a Auction every Fri nite near you in Wetumpka I believe

10. hungryhensfarm

hungryhensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    I have distant cousins who live in Alabaster. We go through Chelsea to get there for the family reunion. Will be through there the first Sunday in October.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by