Alas!! Moving away before the girls start to lay...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AccioSarah, Aug 2, 2010.

1. AccioSarah

AccioSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    The Great Chicken Adventure began way back in March for me... I started my chicken research mid-March, and my little girls arrived April 21st at 2 and a half days old!!
    It's been crazy- watching them grow, learning far more about chickens then I ever expected... building a coop and run... making the coop bigger... then trashing the old run for a whole new one! (See my page to see our cool coop!)

Though this has been my project all summer... I'm moving away to a new college at the end of the month! and seeing as the girls just turned 15 weeks... it doesn't look like I will see any eggs before I leave!!!

It's really to bad... but it has been fun!

... I think my family should send me the first egg. [​IMG]
  2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Quote:Not to worry, you'll be back (likely with laundry in tow!). [​IMG]
    Perhaps your family could install a chick-cam and live-stream it to you? Just a thought.
  3. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Quote:The same thing is happening to me!! I'm so bummed out, although our hens seem a little closer to laying age, so maybe [​IMG] I'll get at least one egg before I go back. My parents have promised to send me lots of pics and updates! Too bad colleges won't allow chickens! Good luck though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by