Alaska - Need Help - Can't find any layers

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AlaskaQuilter, May 11, 2008.

1. AlaskaQuilter

AlaskaQuilter New Egg

May 11, 2008
    For Mothers Day we were supposed to go to the Valley (Palmer / Wasilla) and fetch some layers. Much to my surprise... there are none to be found. Yes, I have posted an ad on Craigslist, called several farms in the Valley and none...nietz, nada, no layers !

So I ask... where does a girl turn ? My coop is ready to go, and not a chick in sight !

Any ideas ?

2. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Do you have a bator? I have lots of eggs available. [​IMG] OH LESLIE< where are you??? She is in Alaska somewhere....

3. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Hello, Alaskan Quilter,

PM me and I can send you some links for some alaska poultry and livestock links. There are several people in the valley that may be able to help you out but at this time of year, everyone is chasing their chicks and renovating their coops and yards, so may not be reading craigslist right now.

4. AlaskaQuilter

AlaskaQuilter New Egg

May 11, 2008
    Hi Leslie,
    I don't know if my messages are getting through to you as I am not seeing them in my "sent" box after I send them to you. Anyhoot... if you can try to message me back then perhaps I can better figure out how to connect with you and hopefully be led to some chicks for sale. :)

Thanks a million.
    Alaska Quilter

5. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Hello,

Messages don't show in your sent box unless you click on the option at the bottom that says "save message"

I did get your pm's and sent you a couple of links that will help connect you will other Alaskans who have birds/chicks available.

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Which farms did you try? Triple D? Burke Family Farm? They have chicks, but not started pullets. How many/what breed are you looking for?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by