1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Alaskan Chicken treats! Only the very best ;D

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by AkTomboy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    So its September the leaves are changing and the air is crisp ahhh hunting season lets not forget that! So after a great day of butchering a couple of bous (caribou) I took all the fresh fat and made some suet blocks for the girls. The girls took right to it they love it! Yep yep nothing like fresh Bou.....they are Alaskan for sure! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. ROOSTER_ROO

ROOSTER_ROO Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2009
    <-------- is jealous ! Alaska what a dream of mine to get there. [​IMG]

3. AkTomboy

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    No place like it! I love it. Thanks for the responce I was thinkin was had killed my own thread [​IMG]

4. patman75

patman75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very interesting, I might have to try that with any whitetails I get this year.

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Changing leaves already! Wow! I know some day once our kids are a bit older we'll be taking a fishing trip up there.. DH is counting the days, lol!

6. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    That is so awesome. We think we're self sufficient until we read a few of our Alaskan neighbors comings and goings!

[​IMG]

7. AkTomboy

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Thanks! We try to use everything we can on everything we get. All the bones get boiled or smoked and then given to the dogs. We dry the hides and then use them in the coops or for dog beds. Just about everything is used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by