Alberta hatcheries,

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tikkajazz94, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

There is Rochester hatchery,
    and one more does anyone know what it is?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  2. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can anyone help?
    I'm trying to change from rochester hatchery to something else.

3. Waffle

Waffle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2013
    Alberta Canada
    Hi there!

I am currently trawling the internet for different Hatcheries also. Have you had any luck yet? I found a couple more. There is Bergs Hatchery and Dirtwilly. I am after different Turkeys. We are really stuck on options tho aren't we.

4. Darci

Darci Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2014
    I also order from Rochester but am wanting to get some different laying/heritage breeds. I have found some at auction but there is a risk there. It would be nice to know some other places (possibly breeders) in alberta.

5. i got in contact with a guy who's site is Duckopolis.com he has chickens and turkeys i found the chickens to be expensive but the turkeys are priced well... they are just west of Edmonton he can get quite a few different breeds in

6. yummymommy

yummymommy New Egg

Apr 3, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    Miller Hatcheries is the other one Iknow of. But they must be affiliated, because when I was emailing them (at separate email addresses), I got answers from the same lady ... same name, similar auto-signature, but titled as president of the coresponding hatchery to the specific email address that I had mailed.

7. jamesglasman72

jamesglasman72 Out Of The Brooder

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by