Alberta weather!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PrinceSandwich, Dec 5, 2009.

1. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Here in Alberta its been snowing/blowing like crazy for the last couple of days! Theirs HUGE drifts everywhere! I keep some of my birds in a dog run with a insulated shelter. When I went to check on them after it had been snowing for a while, and I saw that the whole run was filled up with snow!! You couldn't even see the shelter!! Luckly I locked them in that night! They were all OK, but We dug them out and put them in the barn anyway. I added some pics

Heres a front fiew of the run
    [​IMG]

The back fiew (theres a shelter somewhere in there!)

[​IMG]

I added a few more pics of the rest of our yard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    Please. Do NOT send that stuff to Ontario. Up until today, we were basking in 40-60 degree weather. Our grass is still green and fully visible. I have 2 clematis flowers in bloom for heaven's sake. We are being rewarded for the summer that never came. It was so wet that I did not have to drag the sprinkler out once. It delayed a lot of planting/harvesting but luckily for the farmers, the beautiful fall meant an average crop return. I detest snow and the cold and am not looking forward to what is inevitable but for now.....ducks on grass and still in their pool. That makes me happy.

3. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    That looks like you are socked in to winter already. Hopefully it will end early like May. lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by