Albon and probiotics?

Jcorliss92

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
My Olive Oil (23 weeks now) had a fecal float done at 21 weeks and came back positive with coccidia. Vet wanted to see her at some point. I had started with corid and it took a few days for her to finally perk up and started eating.
At her visit, (this past Monday) I had brought in poop from the morning that looked like it had a bit of blood or a bit of intestinal lining (in the vets words "looked like a mouse's intestines") so the vet gave me albon to give her. Can I give probiotics with the albon? I want to help her gut heal but have heard to avoid giving things with sulfa drugs.

I did treat her with corid and then the vet gave me albon. In just wondering if she can have a probiotic with it to help improve her gut

Probiotics can safely be given at the time your supplementing with the Albon. Albon works differently then Corid, but I would still avoid vitamin supplementation as well, just to be sure.

Probiotics can safely be given at the time your supplementing with the Albon. Albon works differently then Corid, but I would still avoid vitamin supplementation as well, just to be sure.
Do they need to be given 2 hours apart? What happens if they're given at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom