Alekotorophobic member of Backyard Chickens

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by nayeli, Feb 4, 2014.

1. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    Alektorophobia is a big fancy word meaning I have a fear of chickens... me a member of BYC. I thought ya'll might get some laughs out of that =)

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Well Kudos for you for signing up for a chicken forum, even with a phobia of them. ;) I have didelphiphobia, which is a fear of possums, and if there ever was a possum forum, I would definitely NOT sign up!!!!! :p

3. nayeli

nayeli Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2014
    I actually love baby chicks and I'm debating getting chickens, and I'm absolutely getting ducks and rabbits.

The fear of adult chickens and love of chicks comes from my childhood. I had a rooster attack me, my fault I was a little kid (probably a toddler or really young child) and I would grab rocks then climb up some "big" slide and chuck the rocks. I hit the rooster and well he didn't appreciate it. He chased me all the way back to the house, and that slide was no match for him!

I have been scared of chickens and roosters since... especially how pointy their beaks are and my aunts would always follow me around the garden then run off when I turned around... tryna catch me with my back turned =) lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by