Alergic Reaction, Bite?

FeatherBee

In the Brooder
Hello, I have a three week old Silkie chick that is all puffed up like an air bubble on its right side and between its legs, they were out wondering around with their mother and I heard a loud "cheep" I thought the mother might of steped on it, so I picked it up and it had a tiny splinter on its middle toe on the right side but it was all puffy, its not a solid kind of puffy it is just like it has an air bubble on its side and between its legs. I waited a couple of days but it still hasn't changed, its not seeming to be in pain but its legs are pushed outwards and it dosn't look very comfortable. I will try and get a picture of it and put it up here, if anyone has a suggestion on what I should do I would really appreciate it.
Thank You In Advance

Hello, I have a three week old Silkie chick that is all puffed up like an air bubble on its right side and between its legs, they were out wondering around with their mother and I heard a loud "cheep" I thought the mother might of steped on it, so I picked it up and it had a tiny splinter on its middle toe on the right side but it was all puffy, its not a solid kind of puffy it is just like it has an air bubble on its side and between its legs. I waited a couple of days but it still hasn't changed, its not seeming to be in pain but its legs are pushed outwards and it dosn't look very comfortable. I will try and get a picture of it and put it up here, if anyone has a suggestion on what I should do I would really appreciate it.
Thank You In Advance

I think pictures will be key here. I would isolate the chick, remove the splinter, and make sure it is eating and drinking. Is the "bubble" transparent or is the chick's side just swollen? It may be a spider bite or bee sting.

Regards,
Leaf

Back
Top Bottom