ALERT: Special Needs Screech Owl Stolen from Raptor Trust

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jjthink, Dec 16, 2011.

1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Bad humans are going to be the death of me.

If anyone reading this has any connections whatsoever with anyone at all who could help track down these despicable people and with any luck at all this poor bird before it dies (including criminal psychics, animal communicators), please, please reach out to them immediately.

You never know who amongst us might have just the right connection at just the right time....

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

http://www.app.com/article/CN/20111...ter-reward-planned?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

http://www.app.com/article/20111215...ong-Hill-s-Raptor-Trust-center-reward-planned

JJ

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Oh that's horrible news!!!!! I love the Raptor Trust. That place is magnificent.

I can't believe someone would do such a thing!!!! With such a large reward, I really hope the owl is safely returned.

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
  4. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    GREAT NEWS!!!!! I'm so glad he's back. [​IMG]

I sure hope this was a one shot thing and that it doesn't happen again. The Raptor Trust is a wonderful place, and anyone who is anywhere near where it is in NJ should take a trip there once it reopens to the public. It's really beautiful grounds that's so rich with natural wildlife that it makes you feel like you're walking through somewhere exotic. They also have several cages set up with birds that they have rescued/rehabbed that can't be returned to the wild based on their conditions - including several birds of prey and others. They're always taking in injured birds/wildlife and fixing them. Even if you live a couple hours away - it's worth the drive when the weather is nicer.

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Oh! I was following this news story,...........they owner of the raptor place was SO UPSET! I was hoping someone would give some info and find the owl. Gosh I know these guys are CUTE but, they are wild creatures...! Not something to covet for your own desire! (Christmas present...) [​IMG]

So glad you posted an update JJ!! This bothered me all day......

Thank you for the update Judy......[​IMG] Hope you are doing well! [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh some days humans just plain irritate me! Poor thing will be lucky to be alive without proper care by now. I hope they find Simon and whoever took him is ounishment to the fullest extent of the law!

Thank goodness he was returned. Thanks for the update which I should have read.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by