1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Alerts/Reminders/Warnings/etc. on main page?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by shadow rabbit10, Apr 11, 2012.

1. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    So, I had an idea for the site, that involves a place to post reminders, warnings, etc. I noticed that when members are holding polls, and auctions, the only way they can get that back on the front page, is to repost the thread. I thought it would be easier if we could just have a section for alerts and such. Here are some examples of what kind of alerts I am talking about:
    - Reminders to vote for polls and when the are ending
    - Active auctions (when they are ending, current bids, other auction stuff)
    - Events such as poultry shows (what state they are in, date, etc.)
    - Disease outbreaks (Ex.- Marek's outbreak in ____ state)
    - Anything else people should know or be warned about
    Anyone's thoughts on this? Suggestions? Is it even a good idea? Thoughts welcome!

2. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

I like it!

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great idea! We've actually talked about a calendar system tied to BYC and your suggestions above would be great additions!

4. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thank you! I never really thought about suggesting this until a certain member told me I should. Glad I could help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by