Alfred or Allie?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GoodEnough, Nov 16, 2009.

1. GoodEnough

GoodEnough Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2009
    Beautiful Idaho
    This is my first time with chickens and I decided to go for the MPC Rainbow Special (nothing like jumping in over my head!). This particular chick started looking like an Alfred at about 3 weeks (photos at 5 weeks). What is your opinion? Also any guesses as to breed are welcome too. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    For sure an Alfred and probably a leghorn.

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Almost most definately and Alf.

4. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Alfred, most definitely!

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    My vote is for Alfred

6. GoodEnough

Oct 23, 2009
    Beautiful Idaho
    Thanks for the input. He's currently friendly, so he gets to stay until he goes after my kids.[​IMG] Alfred's definitely bigger than the girls. There is another chick that has a large comb, but it's half the size of Alfred's, started developing later and isn't that pink. This other chick is also about the same body size as the other girls. It had better stay a girl! [​IMG]

7. quenston

quenston Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Wyandotte Ok
    Looks like a Alfred to me will be interesting what he looks like grown I am sure that it will be beautiful!!!

8. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    definitely an Alf.

9. juliawitt

juliawitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    I vote "Alf"....that said, out of 16 pullets I ordered, 2 turned out to be boys. Right now, I refer to them as "Sparticus" and "Nero", my husband calls them Noodles and Dumpling. However, both are now 14 weeks old, have shown no aggresion to anyone, not me or the other pullets. They are still very easily handled and are really no problem. So, we are riding it out. I would LOVE to have 2 nice roosters. So, I guess my point is....wait and see. God may have given you a nice surprise--future peeps for free and protection or else a very nice meal.

10. GoodEnough

Oct 23, 2009
    Beautiful Idaho
    Yes, we are hoping he stays friendly. We could use a good guard here and the "freebie" chicks would be nice too. My mom is hoping we'll have chicks for her to take. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by