Alien Life Found?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Knew it would happen sooner or later

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I always knew it

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Not excited/Don't Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I doubt it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    ack, hit the enter key when I didn't mean to.....

Other choices are...

I doubt it

Not excited/Don't Care

3. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    You must not have read the article, which says that a blogger ASSUMED it would be announced and spread it all over the internet.....and that there is no such presentation going to be made.

If life were discovered, I would not be surprised or disappointed or anything else. First of all, what's 'life' and what isn't...we don't really have that clearly defined.

If it did occur, I doubt such life would be 'life' like what we think of.

Conditions are very different elsewhere, and what would evolve in other places could be anything from a sort of loosely coordinated lime jello to a cloud of molecules and ions that hang in the atmosphere and suck up other molecules.

4. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    I believe that in a universe of this immense size it would be nothing less than foolish and vane to believe that we were the only planet with life.

If anything, other life forms have not only been here, but been here and decided that the human animal and it's destructive ways weren't worth getting to know.

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Boyd honey, I think there already is alien life here. What else would explain YOU?

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:I did read that they found squirrels on Titan.

Imp-Boyd, time to fess up. Just what are you? [​IMG]

7. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I choose not to beleive in them. I beleive that God created you and me, and that God is not alien. I think that God is a supernatural being, and not an alien. I am not saying it is wrong to look for them, but I don't beleive in them. That is my beleif, but yours may be different and I understand that completely.

8. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Check this out, Boyd:

Book on Amazon
    One of the authors came out and gave a talk on 10 of the places at the local refuge. It was VERY interesting. I bought three of these books and had them signed. Two as holiday gifts and one for myself. [​IMG] The pictures and color pages are awesome.

I can't imagine there NOT being life outside Earth, but I don't think we've found it yet. Hey, I've been wrong before.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:x2

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    There's some speculation (don't jump on me if you believe in creationism!) that life as we know it on earth had otherwordly origins! That's pretty exciting to think about! Of course it's one of many possible explanations for life on earth, and I think all of them are equally as interesting...including the adam and eve theory!

Anyways, I'm sure there is life in some form or another on many other planets throughout our universe. I also think a lot of it is bacterial or advanced collections of organic molecules, but really life on earth isn't all that unique. With the likely number of planets in the universe, it is very favorable that the conditions for life on another planet could certainly occur.

I would be more excited if they found an alien ship floating around somewhere, but I'd be happy with bacteria too. A few years ago they thought they found microbe fossils on Mars, but I think they determined it wasn't fossils after all.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by