Alittle advice please?My chickens have fleas

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by blazensasha, Jun 29, 2011.

1. blazensasha

blazensasha Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2011
    Old Miakka,FL
    I had this same problem last year and I got rid of them in a week its been a month already and I can't get rid of this little stick tight fleas.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Oh no!! You need to treat them more than... I can't remember what you treat them with, but hopefully someone will help you. Good luck!!

3. blazensasha

Jun 4, 2011
    Old Miakka,FL
    Oh no , [​IMG] last year same coop different batch of birds,it only took a week last year of useing DE and poutry dust.This year nothing is working on this group.

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Maybe you need to find something stronger? Where it'll actually kill the fleas.

5. blazensasha

Jun 4, 2011
    Old Miakka,FL
    I'm at my wits end,I'm about to start spraying them with horse spray.just kidding

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Dog/cat flea/tick spray will work FINE. Adam's is an excellent brand, and is used by many poultry exhibitors and breeders. DE is pretty useless for anything except drying things up. Poultry dust, either sevin or permethrin or pyrethrum should work, but it does have an expiration date, so if it is left over from last year, it is probably no longer effective, and you would need a new bag.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by