All 4 Girls laying! Easter Egg Basket!!!!!

MimiChick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Glocester, RI
I am so thrilled
wee.gif
All 4 of my girls are laying and each one lays a different color egg.
27396_dsc01794-11.jpg

This is the first egg from each of the girls, with the date they laid it. I blew the eggs out so I could keep them as a memento of that first thrill
hide.gif

The picture doesn't really show the difference between Blackberry's and Rainbow's eggs as clearly as in person. Blackberry's is more sage colored and Rainbow's a little brighter blue. But I'm so happy with my different color eggs
ya.gif
I think I'm going to have to find a way to get my DH to let me build a bigger coop and get more chickens. I want even more different color eggs
love.gif

Cindiloohoo

Quiet as a Church Mouse
11 Years
Dec 19, 2009
Southwest TN
Pretty!! You need some white eggs for strong contrast and some lighter browns and darker olive eggs.....LOL! Sorry for encouraging chicken addiction, but they sure would look nice all together
wink.png

MimiChick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 8, 2009
Glocester, RI
Thanks for all the nice compliments. I want to get a white egglayer and some light browns and more EE types for other colors. My current coop will only hold the 4 girls I've got now though. Hopefully, by next year my DH will give the go ahead for expansion
bow.gif
and I can get more chickens and maybe a nice Ameracauna rooster to start hatching my own eggs.
fl.gif
This is so cool
thumbsup.gif

Top Bottom