All 9 Hatched!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wbruder17, Sep 22, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    All 9 eggs I gave my hen hatched, which is awesome....but if I would have known Feisty was doing his job so well, I would have only set a few! He is a Mille Fleur d'Uccle and 7 of the eggs are from full sized EEs. Wasn't sure if he was coveriing them, but I guess he is!

These chicks are cute, cute, cute! They all have fluffy cheeks:jumpy and leg feathers! I love beards and muffs and fluffy birds, and these are going to be gorgeous! The mamas are either a beautiful gr:jumpyay hen, a white and tan girl and a not so fluffy tan and black one. I can only keep 2 (or maybe 3...[​IMG]) so I will have to find new homes for lots of them.

I can't wait to see what colors they turn out to be!

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

can u post pics [​IMG]

3. Edwards' East of Eden

Edwards' East of Eden Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Biloxi, MS
    ... please ...

4. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/59865_2011-09-21_12-20-26_533.jpg

This
    is the only picture I have so far. This is the first 3 that hatched. The two little light colored ones are from either a gray and tan Dutch Bantam or a silverish OEGB. I think they call it silver duckwing?? Not sure, they were in a mystery bantam bin.

The picture really does not do justice to the fluffy puffy cuteness of the chicks. They are really beautiful colors, as chicks. Iive never had chicks these colors before, so I am very interested to see ow they turn out!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Taking better pictures of each chick will be my weekend project!

6. KandiandJerry

KandiandJerry Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!!! They are Tooooo Cute....

7. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Like I said tho, these pics make the chicks look ordinary, but they are really really cute. I've raised a lot of chicks, and I honestly don't think any have been nearly as pretty as those EE mixes. They are really going to be impressive birds if they get the gray and tan with some Mille Fleur coloration.

8. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Of course, ii could just be saying this from a "mother's" perspective, as the roooster is mine and I chose the eggs specifically....so maybe I just THINK they're cuter than the average chick!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by