All around duck food

You can feed Purina Flock Raiser, Nutrena All Flock, Dumor as stated, unmedicated chick starter, chick or broiler grower.

Drakes can eat layer, it just isn't ideal. But if you have multiple ages or plan to hatch ducklings, feeding something that everyone can eat is just easier.

I feed unmedicated chick starter that is made by a local mill to everyone (chickens and ducks), but I have babies through adult ages. It is about 2/3 less $ than what I can get at TSC.

If you choose to feed a starter or something with a protein level higher than 16%, you may want to consider cutting the protein level with a grain.

I feed Flockraiser during the day. I mix it with oats - 2 parts Flockraiser to 1 part oats. I do this because I have chickens, roosters and chicks that will go over and eat the food too.

For supper my Waterfowl get Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance. Supper for this because the chickens are in bed by the time the ducks get supper in front of their coop so we know the chickens won't be gobbling the Mazuri lol. At all times I offer free choice oyster shell.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom