All boys?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Corey NC, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I kow it is a bit early to tell but I have this nagging feeling they're all boys. They are about 4 or 5 weeks. Let me know what you think.

Poppy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daisy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Marigold
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I can always tell the sex on mine around 2-3 weeks. Are these bantams or something? I would say Marigold & Daisy look like a girls to me. As for the others there aren't any waddles yet...but the 1st one has a very prominant comb IMO.
    Best of luck!
    Kristi

3. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Nope their not batams, the top two are buff Brahma/blue orps (from cyn) and Daisy is a Buff Orp and Marigold is a BO/SLW.

4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    For the Cynthia babies you really are going have to wait until they are older. Orpingtons mature slowly so it is really to early to tell. I have some Suede Caroline babies and they are about to be 8 weeks old, ad I have no idea on the sex of the chicks yet.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Wow, Corey, those two have pea combs like their mom! Gosh, I'm not sure about the sex of those, but I'm leaning toward boy on the first one. The second one could go either way. The Buffs, I'm can't tell just yet.
    Adam, do your babies have single or pea combs or a weird combo-comb?

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    they all have pea combs

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just never occurred to me to ask before, LOL. Now that I think about it, pea combs are dominant, I think. Corey, the black one does seem to be feathering out like a boy.

8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    The last 2 are really to early to tell bu they have the best chance to be pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by