" All dogs seen wandering this property will be shot"

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
I'm pretty much ready to post a sign after yesterday.

So I have this neighbor who walks her aussie and doberman up and down the street everyday. She throws sticks in people's yards or her dogs to fetch. Well, yesterday while my mom and I were on a walk she was walking her dogs on their leashes. My ducks were all in the ditch five feet from the road, eating algea. I had gone back to the house while my mom finished her two miles.

This lady is about 40 yards in front of her, passing my ducks.

She lets her doberman OFF THE LEASH.

Her doberman CHASES MY DUCKS.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

All while my mom is right there.

So my mom yells at her to control her dog, the lady calls her dog to her and then keeps on walking, while tossing the stick into my yard and other peoples yards for her dog.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

My mom comes home and tells me about it, so now im fuming and raging ready to go downt he road adn give that woman a piece of my mind
rant.gif
somad.gif

So we drive down there and I keep my mouth shut because i know if i open it that lady would probably have had a black eye or two.

We tell her the ducks are pets and to please nto let her dog chase them. Here is her response:

" Oh I knew she wouldnt hurt them, she just wanted to play with them, I would have never let her off the leash if I thought she was going to hurt them"

THERE ARE BLODDY FEATHERS IN MY YARD WHERE HER DOG RIPPED THEM OFF MY GOONIE!! ( My beloved white scovie drake )

She let her Doberman CHASE a strange PREY animal and thought it wouldnt hurt anything?!?!

I am just OUTRAGED! I mean these are MY ducks and she just lets her dog off the leash so it can PLAY with them?!?!

My neighbors are just lucky I have manners and am a Minor or there would be some serious problems around here. You dont just let your 70 lb dog off the leash to chase someone elses animals! I am just so enraged right now that I could walk over to her house and shoot her dog in its own yard. But I wont of course, it wasnt the dogs fault, it was the stupid owners who gave it permission.

Now - what advice do you have for me? Im walking around my property when I am outside with the ducks with a BB gun and a slingshot w/ rocks. I know not to confront the woman on my own because I am a minor and she is easily in her 50's - though in shape and it would just lead to my temer getting the best of me and we would probably have a brawl in the middle of the street.

I would get a spiral bound note book and start making a diary,
every time one of her dogs comes onto your land take a pic and mark it in your diary, as you call animal control. make sure you enable the date and time stamp on your camera.

Hopefully there are leash laws that can protect you and your ducks... I would also consider a fence even if its just a small 3 foot tall fence to establish property lines.

Quote:
Thats what Ive been telling my mom! Lol, Im hoping to get two goslings from Steve on here whenever he has some.

Remind her there is a leash law and Ducks are livestock and it is against the law to allow dogs to chase livestock and she is legally liable for damage, or better yet let Mom do it Arm youself with a camera and animal contols number. It would be better if they have to be shot that it not be by a minor
Roy

Yeah, even in the country where I live there are leash laws.

As an owner of a Doberman, and I know no two dogs are alike, blah blah blah, but you can rest assured my Gretchen would kill your ducks and enjoy every minute of it. I've had several, and they're just like that, it's just the breed. She loves the chase and the kill. I just can't fathom taking Gretch for a walk and letting her OFF the leash at all, much less near another animal. The woman is ignorant and I would have told her so... and yes your neighbors are lucky because I would have MADE A SCENE!!!!!

WallTenters is right...with her being a dobe she will get the book thrown at her over the leash laws. I have a Rottie too...I'm a "bully breed" lover, but you have to use your brain. People that get these animals and don't use their head in training the dogs are a danger to society.

Stepping off the soapbox now...lol

Quote:
I agree with getting a camera. It would be even better if it takes video. Don't worry about the lady knowing you are taking pictures ~ the idea you are taking pictures may discourage her from letting the dogs loose near your home. Also no need to confront her again ~ once is enough, any more and you may regret the conversation. Just DOCUMENT everything then contact the authorities if it continues. Remember ~ A picture is worth a thousand words!

Thanks you guys. My camera is charging now so i can take pictures of the paw prints and bloody feathers.

You may also want to remind her that even if her dog doesn't physically harm your ducks, that it's cruel to inflict that type of stress (omg I'm gonna die) on any animal. I would post signs along your property where she walks that say something like, "Your dog is not welcome on my property, ever. Yes, this means you." Or "We shoot to kill dogs on our property."

Reminds me. There was this dog in my mom's old neighborhood that use to come to her house and take a dump everyday. She didn't know who the owners were so she took a picture of the dog taking it's dump, had the picture turned into a poster with the words "Is this your dog on my lawn?", and posted it in her front yard. Within days she never saw the dog again.

Back
Top Bottom