All eggs hatching on day 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GameEgger, Apr 14, 2017.

1. GameEgger

GameEgger Just Hatched

Jul 12, 2016
    Hi all!!,

So I've heard of eggs hatching a day or two late, and last year that's what all of mine did. But this year it seams that all of my chicks pip on day 18, then zip and hatch later that night or early morning of day 19. They are all healthy, yolks obsorbed; and I haven't lost one yet!! Every egg in the incubator is developing without flaw. I'm just curious as to what causes this fast development, because I've heard that eggs hatching too early can have a bad outcome. But all of mine are just fine. And yes, they are just regular chicken eggs, assorted mixed breeds! I have guinea eggs in there as well, and they are hatching early too. I'm not complaining, I'm actually excited that I have more room in the incubator to put in a new batch of eggs sooner then expected.

Thoughts on this???

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  2. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Temp may be running a tad bit high in the incubator.

3. GameEgger

GameEgger Just Hatched

Jul 12, 2016

Is that a bad thing?

4. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    If it's working for you no.

But if outside variables change it could possibly be.

5. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    This.

What's important is healthy chicks. I would check thermometers and adjust slightly. Most of my hatches in my old bator took place on 19/20 all healthy. I did have one or two in one hatch start as early as 18, but I'd rather see at least day 19 before having hatchers. Early development can cause issues just like delayed development can, so the closer to day 20/21 the better, but I wouldn't freak about early healthy ones either, just lower the temp a tad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by