all four girls quit laying eggs

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ccyardbird, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ccyardbird

ccyardbird New Egg

Jun 19, 2016
    I have two chickens which were laying eggs pretty regular about middle of august they quit laying I didn't think much about it because its very hot right now mid to upper 90s (it is south Texas) then a friend gave two hens (bantams) they were laying regular and quit after a few days, the coup seems calmed down from adding new girls but how long should I expect to see no eggs before I think I have a problem or is this natural with this kind of heat what should i look for I don't think I have any parasites they seem healthy active and energetic they eat layena, scratch and table scraps same as always no eggs

Me

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    The new girls could be the problem.Adding new chickens really could "Disrupt" tje pecking order irrating EVERYBODY.Or it could be the day light changes.Alrhought it could just be natural.

Chickens also do not like change so adding new hens could be 1 problem for the new hens and the ones already there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by