All four of my chickens refuse to eat!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gladdy25, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Gladdy25

Gladdy25 New Egg

Nov 26, 2014
    After one of my chickens was attacked by a hawk - she is ok now thanks to a little first aid! - neither she nor her three friends will eat any of their favorite treats or even their regular food. At best, they peck a little and then go sit in the corner. I've tried yogurt, which they used to inhale, and oatmeal, and even catfood, which someone said had lots of protein. They are all losing feathers but I think they are too young to molt (8 months). Anyone know what's wrong? It's been a week!

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    That seems rather long to be in shock, but they do get very stressed over such things. Could they still feel threatened for some reason, realistic or otherwise? I hope they are at least drinking well.

3. Gladdy25

Gladdy25 New Egg

Nov 26, 2014
    Sadly, despite two different water receptacles available to them, they don't seem to be drinking much either. Maybe they are getting water from the grass they are pecking through. Anyone have a similar experience? How long will this last?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by