All goners? What went wrong?

Jada22

Songster
Feb 24, 2022
I’m guessing all my eggs are goners… wanted to be 100% sure as I paid a lot for these eggs.
They were shipped to me and all had messed up air cells so I incubated air cell side up and hand turned. Today is day 10 and my first time candling as I didn’t want to disturb them much.
4 are clear like the second picture and the other 2 I’m guessing quit?
Is it the shipping that messed them up?
Silkie eggs
😭

Attachments

• 6AF3DA5C-5F36-40AC-BAA5-1EF29D9E5C00.jpeg
    6AF3DA5C-5F36-40AC-BAA5-1EF29D9E5C00.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 66CD3A38-546B-4ED5-A6DC-4E2E8D4AD869.jpeg
    66CD3A38-546B-4ED5-A6DC-4E2E8D4AD869.jpeg
    266.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 9FB2EB15-9BD6-43CB-BCF9-CD6ED68CB00B.jpeg
    9FB2EB15-9BD6-43CB-BCF9-CD6ED68CB00B.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 5
Is it the shipping that messed them up?
The shipping (possibly rough handling) would do the air cell damage. The clear ones maybe are not fertile?:idunno
Don't give up just yet,,, until you are sure nothing is changing. Some peeps get great results with shipped eggs. Others extremely poor results. I know rough handling, possibly by sorting machines may be the factor.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

The shipping (possibly rough handling) would do the air cell damage. The clear ones maybe are not fertile?:idunno
Don't give up just yet,,, until you are sure nothing is changing. Some peeps get great results with shipped eggs. Others extremely poor results. I know rough handling, possibly by sorting machines may be the factor.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thank you, I will give them another few days just in case. I just hatched quail eggs that were shipped to me and had a decent enough hatch rate even though they were incubated in a cheap Chinese incubator. I bought a brinsea for these eggs. Although these were shipped from much further, they took 5 days to arrive whereas the quail eggs were here the next day.
It’s really a shame because I’m looking to incubate silkies and polands which are all hard to get here so the shipping time would be the same on any eggs.
The seller has said they have really good fertility rates and that they’ve shipped eggs the same distance before without issues. Maybe i was just really unlucky.

Back
Top Bottom