1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All hail the new king!,Big Lenny lost his place,and his Pride.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklove334, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Ever since we got Big Lenny and Maude, Lenny has pushed and shoved his way all the way up to the top of the pecking order [​IMG]

well, it all started last week..there has always been a sorta...tension between Big Lenny and Mojo. I think because they both have very similar personalities. Then the fighting started, neck wrestling, and what i call the "Duck version of cock fighting", where the ducks smack at each other with thier wings. as i stood by watching the fight, not interfering but making sure no one got hurt,(or drown [​IMG]) as Big Lenny continually tryed to push mojo under the water, I left the fight to an exhausted Mojo, and a seemingly victorious Lenny......fast forward a few hours, I must have missed something, because I go back out and I see that MOJO is now getting Lenny to relent, and submit [​IMG].

things have settled down for the most part, and Mojo is now the new king of the pen, and Lenny has lost his pride, and his woman, he is not allowed ANYWHERE around ANY hens, and Maude who was once his leading lady, doesn't give him the time of day. Mojo also has a FIT when Lenny gets near Akai, or Stencil, the two runner hens, who have always been "Mojo's girls"..everyone goes around in thier little flock, with Lenny,sadly left on the sidelines, everytime Lenny trys to get with the group, Mojo chases him away, I actually feel sorry for him during mid-day naptime(wich everyone takes EVERY day) to see Lenny sleeping alone [​IMG] He does try to sneak some time with his old love,Maude..and I think it makes him feel better, even with just a fleeting few minutes.

even Romeo, our Silkie rooster, is now at the bottom of the hierarchy, he got his rooster butt kicked by Tony the same night that Lenny lost his throne. two bigshots, now turned chickenpoop losers [​IMG]....[​IMG]

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    aww. poor lenny and romeo. my king duck, Chubby, pretty much has nothing to worry about. he is much bigger than my other ducks and can easily pick them up and move them. he's even thrown them out of the pool a couple times. they don't mess with him, they just fight each other, trying not to be the lowest of the flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by