All i got for christmas....

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickenaddict, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Songster

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    was 4 broody hens!!!! I went to tuck the chickens in the coop last night and saw that 2 of my hens went broody on me, both were sitting in empty nests screaming at me. Are they nuts wanting to hatch chicks this time of year? I left the coop and went to the garage where i have 8 more chickens who can't tolerate cold temps and low and behold 2 more broody hens!!!! Just when egg production started picking up again. One of the hens has been broody 4 times between last spring and now, another had just got done hatching and raising a baby cochin and is at it again. On one hand i hate to waste a broody hen but on the other hand i got 22 baby chicks living in my office with NO room to spare for any more mamas and babies. As it is between what i hatched and what i bought from ideal most ended up to be roosters so you can imagine the chaos in the office. Ugh!!!! What would you guys do?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

~Rachel

2. All I got for Christmas is

...a dropoff cat.

What a rotten thing to do to puddy on Christmas Day (or maybe last night). I bet they have a new kitten...she's welcome here but I don't think a barn equals what she's lost, and it's going to be -11C tonight.

Then again, if they treated her like that, I'm thrilled to have her.

[​IMG]

Oh and I'd give your hens some old golf balls or comething similar.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    all I got for christmas is $100.00 from my mom and someone hit my reserve on ebay. so I got $275 total. I may rescue the chinchillas I saw.

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My mom got me a sleep shirt with Tweety on it! My dad and her spent two days looking for a sleep shirt with a chicken on it and didn't find it so they settled for Tweety. How sweet is that????

5. freshegg

freshegg Songster

May 15, 2008
    greenfield,ma
    I got a 1kt diamond journey necklace, $100 hair salon gift card,$200 Jc penny gift card, laptop and a top of the line TOM Tom [​IMG] . My xmas was way more than expected. Hubby woke us up at 3.30 am to open presents LOL.

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:Lol! Your hubby sounds like me. I love the tomtom GPS. I own a tomtom one. My mom first hated it and said maps are better. now she is trying to steal it on me. I am going to buy her one on her b-day.

7. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    Oldest daughter got the computer printer and an antique desk;the youngest daughter got her game system and purses which she loves and hubby got a amo trailer to go with the WWII jeep that we are having rebuilt.

8. All I got for Christmas......... is Navy stuff!!!!!! [​IMG] My brother is in Navy Boot camp. My family and I are going to Great Lakes Il. I can't wait because I haven't seen him for two months. [​IMG]

9. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Songster

Jul 20, 2008
    CELL PHONE!!!! WII!!!!! and my parents said we were going to be "frugal this year" [​IMG] If this is frugal, then I wanna be frugal every year

10. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    An egg turner!!wewt!!!Can't wait to fill it up :)Gratz on the broody hens lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: