All I know is

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moodlymoo, Oct 24, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    She is a 10 week frizzle and thats all I know. Can you figure out breeds of Frizzles? Do the cochin Frizzles have feathered legs? She is in my avi

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Looks like a frizzled Cochin to me, but its hard to tell from looking at your avatar......

3. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I thought Cochins had feathered legs

[​IMG]

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    She doesn't have feathered legs? It's really hard to tell from the picture. Frizzle Cochins are the most common frizzles but any breed can be frizzled. A straight side on picture of her standing naturally would be best. It's hard to tell what her legs look like, what her stance is, and what her wing carriage is from the angle on the picture you've provided.

5. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    can you post a full size picture of her?

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Here is a picture of my Frizzled Cochin, mine is a rooster- but it will give an idea of what they look like. He is wet in the pic, so usually fluffier:
    [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Most frizzles sold are actually mutts, although most with Cochin in them. I'm assuming she's a mutt.

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I agree with Illia. Most frizzled chickens are mixed breeds. But beautiful nonetheless. I love my frizzled mutts!
    [​IMG]

9. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:Upon closer inspection she has a few tiny feathers on her feet and legs. So...Cochin it is! I dont care if she is a mutt, she will never be used for breeding and I love her very much, just like my EE's! If you think about it, we call ourselves humans but in fact...We are mutts too hahaha [​IMG]

10. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:She is so cute. I think they look like little pine cones on legs and love them so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by