All I NEED is...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Big dreams, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Ok, so my thought is this, a magnetic pop door (like a cat door for your house) and 25 to 30 collars to fit chickens....[​IMG] when my chickens hear my dog bark, geese flying over ect. they all run into the coop, if the door would close behind them and let only them in, they would be safe should there be a real threat. Anyone want to produce chicken collars? [​IMG] Just a thought.

2. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    That's a great idea [​IMG]

Maybe whoever will make it will make a cheap, useable, cream separator too [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is a great idea - and brings a rather comical picture to mind! [​IMG]

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    No, all you needs is a face /body dedection system and a short tunnel in front of the pop door. If a chicken enters the tunnel a photo is snapped and send to a PC for recogition. If the chicken in question is in the system the door opens and it can enter. I thibk i have too much time to think. or how about a voice recognition system????

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:"BAWK" " I am sorry, I do not recognize that voices. Please try again" [​IMG]

6. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Quote:"BAWK" " I am sorry, I do not recognize that voices. Please try again" [​IMG]

But then we would have to reprogram each time we added new chickens, could be a lot of time for some people... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by