All i want for Christams is a coop & chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by carpenter4, Dec 12, 2012.

1. carpenter4

carpenter4 New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Hello from NC,I finally got my husband to build me a coop. Im so excited!! All i need now is feeders,food and some good laying hens.

2. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Good for you and...
    [​IMG]

3. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    post picks. I know how exciting it is to get your coop complete. My husband did not want chicks at all in the beginning. Since then he has built a beautiful A frame tractor for them. Now it's my turn to complete the painting. Almost done. Have started picking up accents to decorate and then will post my pic. Share share:>

4. Ghostbelly

Ghostbelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] and just cause i think its cute a [​IMG] bunny!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  5. carpenter4

carpenter4 New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Hi,my husband isnt thrilled about the idea either. But this is something that i have wanted for a long time. I grew up on a farm. I have my grandmothers egg gathering basket,its probably 50 years old if not older. I cant wait to use it to gather eggs. I really love the idea of showing my young kids how to raise chickens and have fresh,healthy eggs to eat.

6. kacklinkelly

kacklinkelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2012
    Southwest Desert
    How cool to have your grandmother's basket. I hope that it is overflowing with wonderful memories
    for your family:>

7. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    [​IMG]to BYC from New York! So glad you have joined us!

How exciting!! I remember when I finally had my coop and run finished, I was never so excited! Make sure you post some pictures of your new coop!

What breeds are you going to be getting? Let us know!

Good Luck!!

MB

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, carpenter4, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Hope your Christmas wish comes true!

10. carpenter4

carpenter4 New Egg

Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks,I cant wait!!! I was a very young little 6 year old girl when she passed away. After my dad passed away my mom gave me her basket. Its been in my attic for 17 years and i got it out last night. I will post pictures of it and everything else when i get everything finished up. Super excited!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by