all i want is two more chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stone_family3, Aug 15, 2011.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    DH said no more 5 is enough but I found yellow silkie chicks with black spotted heads. [​IMG]

chicks are addictive

2. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Yes they are and you absolutely need to go get those two yellow chicks with spots! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    I understand how your feeling....

(I would somehow find a way to get them....)

4. DillardHome

DillardHome Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    Claxton, GA
    N&MSchroeder :

Yes they are and you absolutely need to go get those two yellow chicks with spots! [​IMG] [​IMG]

AGREED!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    As with any animal, first ask yourself: 1) Do I have enough space to keep it healthy and happy? 2) Do I have the financial resources to keep it healthy and happy? 3) Do I have the lifestyle and commitment to look after its needs for its natural life?

In the case of the third question, if you have made the time commitment to the other chickens, two more aren't going to make a difference, but be sure to answer the first two honestly. Then, its between you and your husband. Chickens are nice to have, but a good husband is pretty darn nice to have too! (I'm still getting mine used to the 8 we got this year and slowly introducing the idea of more next spring.)

6. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    They are just like potato chips...you can't have just one, or two or three......[​IMG]

7. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Glad to know I"m not the only one, I agree Hummingbird Hollow, I can answer yes to all those questions. DH just won't agree to it. [​IMG]

8. GA_in_GA

GA_in_GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:But would he notice? [​IMG]

Mine would probably not. He had said no more cats when I rescued a mother with two kittens. Have found a home for one kitten. Now integrating the mother and her 12 week kitten into the 5 cats we already have, as I refuse to take them to the pound. After a while, he probably won't notice . . . [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    Quote:Neither did mine [​IMG] He said 6 was enough. We now have 18 1/2 and 3 guineas [​IMG] (The 1/2 is a bantam) As long as they're well taken care of, maybe he'll get over it ? Aren't silkies small anyways ?

10. Hummingbird Hollow

Hummingbird Hollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Colorado mountains
    Quote:We had Rob and Jean over for dinner on Saturday night who had not been to our house for three years. In that time we've had a major addition built on our house that includes a wine cellar and a new master suite, we're most of the way through a huge landscaping project, we've had a really nice grill enclosure and new grill built into an outside kitchen, we had my husbands classic '54 Jaguar moved out of storage, where it's been for 11 years and installed in our new garage AND I've built a chicken coop and have 8 9-week old pullets. Imagine my husband's disgust when the thing both Rob and Jean are most excited about is the chickens. Rather than sit out on the front deck with a beer and watch my husband grill or stand around admiring his car, they want to take their drinks up to the coop and watch the chickens. Poor hubby. I don't know if their reaction increased or decreased my chances of getting more chickens next year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by