All males?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mustangsaguaro, Nov 28, 2012.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    All I have to say is I hope next year I have better luck w/ hatching females. It seems like 95% of the birds I hatched and either kept or sold as day olds ended up being males. I need more females. Anyways, I have 4 young Ameraucana's 1 is a Lavender and the other 3 are black splits I am trying to figure out sex of. I have a feeling I know what the three are but I am in denial over it, lol. I know this isn't the greatest pic as it was raining outside when I took it. What do you think the sex of these 4 are. Please tell me I've got at least one female in the group.

[​IMG]

2. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like 3 cockerels and 1 pullet (maybe on the pullet it has a red comb so could be a slow developing cockerel). how old are they

3. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Yeah, that's what I thought 3 cockerels. I guess they will be going to the stewpot. They are about 3 1/2 mos. They hatched around August 12. Are you thinking the pullet may be the one in the very back of the group?

4. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    Yeah the one in the back of the group might be the pullet hdowden is talking about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by