1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All my babies are gone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sonia, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I am so sorry to hear that. Pets, doesn't matter if they are cats or chickens, are good for the soul. I hope you are able to fill that void soon. I am not sure what your situation is but hang in there. We are all here for you.

3. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Sorry to hear about that. My dh just puts up with my critters-he knew how I was when he married me! [​IMG]

4. Sonia

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  5. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I'm sorry to hear that. my wife loves all my birds except when i spend to much time them and not with her.

6. Sonia

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    The chicks weren't why we split...the issues ran much deeper than that but he would have used that against me. My kids come first of course and I cannot afford the fines or losing my home...but we do miss the babies.

7. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    the human kids got to come first!!! Hang in there

8. summerwindsfarm

summerwindsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2008
    Stroud, Oklahoma
    Your right to put the kids first and act before he has a chance to. As hard as it is to do, you'll be glad in the long run.

When i started dating again after my divorce i let my service dog judge every potential date for me. If they didnt pass my dogs approval they never got a second date lol.

Ive found that animals are waaay better judges of character than i am! My hubby knew when he met me (and my 2 teenage boys, 1 dog, 2 cats and a hamster living in a 2 bedroom apt) just what he was getting into lol.

9. Sonia

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma
    Quote:We used to have a service dog! Two of my boys are autistic! Can we chat off forum???

10. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    i sure do hope things start looking up for you. what your dealing with is never easy but you will do fine and hopefully one day soon you can replace what you had to give up which i'm sure is more than just animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by