All my chickens not laying!?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by millerchix, Aug 30, 2013.

1. millerchix

millerchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Here is the low down. I have 1 buff orpington and 1 Barred Rock that are 1.5 years old. The Barred has not laid for 1.5 weeks and the Buff randomly lays.
    I also have 1 Golden Sexlink, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 1 Americana that are 6 months old. Only the Red has started laying, but I have not seen anything for a couple days now.

I see no obvious reason for stress like mites or molting. Any advice? Did I mix too many breeds? Could it be the summer heat? It has been hot and humid for WA State.

2. Stress can cause this. Heat can cause this. Perhaps the older hens are beginning to molt??? The 3 pullets will be sporadic for a while until they get into a rhythm.

Egg laying usually irons itself out. I would continue to give fresh water good diet and pay attention to any signs of worms or parasites. Likely though, it would seem like the heat can be having an effect.

Wish ya the best.

3. SuburbSpurs

SuburbSpurs Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in Washington and the same thing is happening to me I think it's the climate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by