All my chicks perfectly formed and shrink wrapped

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lil'ChickFarm, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    AND DEAD!!!!!! I am just heart broken!!
    These were my silkies that I wanted soooo bad!!
    My humidity dropped at lockdown when i put water in the bottom. First it went too high and then dropped too low.
    After that , i put in a sponge and it stayed, but that day plus or so, it dropped and killed my babies.
    I did everything perfectly until that moment.
    I don't know if I dare buy eggs again online to do this. I can hardly stand the thought of going through a third loss.
    This is my second time doing chicken eggs and the first time, I got two and my humidity was too high.
    I have hatched lizards, conures, button quail and never had a problem, but these chicks are really testy about perfection.
    If anyone knows where I can get some silkie chicks shipped reasonably, please let me know.

My husband made me a chicken tractor today for my other five mixed chicks and they are so enjoying it.
    I will take a photo and post it later. My heart is just sunk right now about these little ones that were perfect chickens in the eggs and totally shrink wrapped in the membrane. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Sorry to hear about that. I recently lost all my eggs too. It was my first time, so part of it was my fault I'm sure. Never made it to lockdown tho. Anyway, if you try again I wish the best of luck to you. [​IMG]

3. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    sorry... when i was in fourth grade i got a little giant and egg turner, i tried multiple times to hatch eggs, all i knew was what the temperature needed to be, and didn't get a hatch until the 6th,,, yes i said 6th grade, and in the seventh i was hatching more and more, the eighth grade i got a new incubator and i made an incubator..... only until the eighth grade did i find THIS website and get a CLUE what humidity needed to be.... i wish i would have found this website sooner, in the 6th grade i finally knew one of my problems was that i didnt have the eggs pointing pointy side down,,,, and then i got a hatch,,,,,,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by