All my ducks are broody and my drake is lonely!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by collingwood, Feb 28, 2015.

1. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi! All six of my ducks are broody! I can't believe it! But now my drake is sitting outside and not doing anything! He is very lonely and won't do anything! He still drinks and eats!

2. poult

poult Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    Oh my gosh lots of broody ladies! He will just have to wait! How long since the first one set?

3. collingwood

The first three have been broody for months! And I mean months! And weren't fertile until later one egg hatched but the duckling disappeared and I think the others are fertile though! Because the drakes older than before the others got broody!

4. poult

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    Oh well im kinda nosy with my birds I have to know about everything that's going on XD i candle their eggs chuck infertile eggs mark the fertiles with the date & don't allow any new ones in the nest so I know exactly when they will hatch & all my birds are named so I right down on my calendar when ---- set & when she is due.I am very into what exactly is going on 24/7 lol my birds are use to me & it's made them pretty tame.

5. collingwood

That's good!

6. poult

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    :) I wish you luck with your birds but unless you get some moms to stop going broody or get some to hatch he will be alone for awhile.

7. collingwood

Thanks... I feel sorry for him... They bight him when he goes near them... To protect the eggs...

8. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Hehe it's a thankless life. His reward for a job well done and getting allllll his hens nice fertile clutches is a month of pain! XD

9. poult

Dec 15, 2014
    Cabin In The Woods
    X2!

10. collingwood

I feel so sad...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by