All my hens are laying!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenGirl165, Sep 25, 2011.

1. ChickenGirl165

ChickenGirl165 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    Melbourne
    Finally, my long awaited moment has come! My 6 red sex-link hens are all laying! We have had 2 for 2 months and 4 for 1 and a half months. The ones that came earlier layed long ago but the other 4 are now laying. I am so proud [​IMG] And the most shy hen is finally able to eat from my hand! What a great week! Except I have a very depressing fever right now [​IMG]
    I am going to find a time where i will take pictures of them and post onto this thread. [​IMG]

2. mamadukes5

mamadukes5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Easthampton, Mass
    congratulations. I understand your excitement. Three out of my five are laying, and I'm waiting very anxiously for the other two (they're about a month younger) to start. Three eggs a day is good, but five would be better.

3. DevineChickens

DevineChickens New Egg

Sep 20, 2011
    Good for you, ChickenGirl165! I am so jealous of you right now! I have 7 hens, but only one is old enough to lay, and she just started. So we are still just getting maybe 1 small egg a day right now. But I know it is just a matter of time....

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Congrats!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by