all my shipped domoique eggs rotten

bumblebeehillschickenfarm

Songster
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
maryland
i bought 20+domoique hatching eggs 10 days ago and just got them today. i emailed her a couple of times and she said you should have them any time. they were sent may 26 and got them today she sent them ground shipping not priority and most were broke or cracked. even if they were not damaged 10 days in the mail they wouldn.'t of been any good any how. do you think i should have to pay for something that wouldn"t of been ok. if they were shipped priority they would at least had a better chance.They smelled so bad the post office wouldnt deliver them and left them outside on the curb, they smelled the hole post office up. they were shipped ground from Georgia to Maryland. i would like to know your thoughts.

I would hate to think that I had to pay for something that would not have been any good even if they had not been cracked! The only problem is, the P.O. is kind of at fault also. But, it should not have taken 10 days no matter what. Also, the seller should known to ship priority!

What type of shipping and how much shipping did you pay for? I think it all depends on what you were told the shipping methods would be. It still stinks. Sorry

Sorry about your eggs. If you decide to order again, try this breeder: http://leonvalleytradingco.com/index.html. These people are really nice, and the communication is great!

I got my eggs in two days, and they were well-packed and perfect - but the post office drove them around all day today in the back of an un-air conditioned truck in 95 degree heat. I'm still hoping they're ok.

i paid 14.95 for shipping she used a used box and wrapped plastic bags around the eggs and put them into a foam egg carton so she didn't have alot of extra expence in material. and shipping came to 9.50

If they were not shipped priority,you should receive a full refund. I would not want replacement eggs from someone like that.

Back
Top Bottom