. ~ . All Narnia Fans! Come Here!!! . ~ .

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Okay, I'm a Big Narnia Fan! [​IMG]
    I wanted to start a thread for all the Narnia Fans out there!
    Okay, I was really really excited about the "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" Trailer that came out. What did you think about it? I didn't get a few things! Maybe someone can help me out! What was the deal with the "Blue" sword that Edmund had? [​IMG] Don't remember that in the books! And when was there a battle? I'm thinking maybe w/ the slave people??? [​IMG]
    And Why is Aslan on the ship? The whole point of them going was to find the lost lords, and to find Aslan's home! He shouldn't be on there! [​IMG] Did you know they're coming out with another movie? Two in fact. The "Silver Chair" and the" Horse and His Boy." And I think they were going to do another, too. They said the Silver Chair was probably coming out in 2012. [​IMG] I'm also a big Ben Barns Fan! I'm in [​IMG] w/ him! I just can't help it! lol
    Okay, who else is a big, huge, giant NARNIA FAN???????

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I love the books but I've never seen the movies. [​IMG]

3. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I read the books on my own for the first time at age 7 and have been reading them ever since. I love love love narnia, and yes I noticed a few discrepancies in the trailer but thats always how it goes, I try not to get upset and just enjoy the story.

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    We have all the books, but I've never read them. We also have a audio books. I've listened to them alot. So I know what's suppost to happen! [​IMG] Another thing, in the very end of the trailer Susan, and Peter are in there? I'm pretty sure Susan & Peter aren't there because Lucy has Susan's Bow & Arrows. [​IMG] But we'll see! lol If you wonna see the trailer here is the link: http://www.narniaweb.com/2010/06/the-voyage-of-the-dawn-treader-trailer-is-here/

5. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I wouldn't say I'm a Narnia Fan but I did enjoy the movies, the books were great too. [​IMG]

6. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    My favorite book is The Silver Chair, and Wonder Works had made several of the books into movies back in I think the late '80's and early 90's...so if you want to watch movies that are almost verbatim to the books, watch the ones produced by Wonder Works. Sure, the special effects aren't as great as the new hollywood effects, but the story lines are accurate.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Well, we have the complete set of Narnia books on CD, does that count? (You ought to hear David Suchet as Aslan![​IMG]) And yes, we have The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian on DVD. Hubby and I are probably bigger fans of C. S. Lewis than our kids are! I love watching the movies and listening to the commentary tracks, they give you a much better picture of the thinking behind what you are seeing.

The heirs of C. S. Lewis have been very protective of his stories, and very selective of the people that they allow to do interpretations of them. I understand that Doug Gresham (C. S. Lewis's adopted son) has had personal oversight over both of the Narnia movies released to date. In both movies, huge amounts of what made it onto the screen never occured in the book. This was so much the case with Prince Caspian, my husband got a bit cross about it. "If they're going to tell a different story, why don't they just give it a different name?" he said. I guess Doug and Co. felt it was close enough to the spirit and goal of the story, the actual route by which they got there wasn't important. (But why in the world did Lucy go riding off to heaven-knows-where in the forest on the off chance of meeting Aslan? That made no sense to me at all.) The battle in the castle never happened in the book; the character of Peter seemed so different, we re-named him "King Peter, the Petulent"!

When the creative geniuses behind this series started this adventure, they were really thinking that they'd be lucky to get permission to do The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. They came out of a critical meeting with permission to do the whole series, so expect that all of books will hit the screen at some point. I'll be curious to see what they do with The Last Battle, and whether they get the same actors to reprise their roles. I rather doubt that they'll do the movie at all, but if they do, I suspect that they will overlook the "Susan is no longer a friend of Narnia" business.

Ben Barnes is a hunk, isn't he?[​IMG]

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:WE have all of those movies. We're trying to watch the first one, but there was a really bad storm coming so we had to turn it off. [​IMG]
    My favorite one outa' those is either the dawn treader, or the silver chair. Probably the dawn treader, though. I really hate the guy that play Caspian in there, though. He has big poofy blond/red hair! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] And Lucy is so big in that'n, too ... [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yep, he sure is! lol [​IMG]
    I kinda freaked out when I saw him in the trailer w/ a beard! AH! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I've watched that trailer so many times it's not even funny! lol [​IMG]
    Yep, Peter was a Bully is Prince Caspian! And now Edmund is just like him! Ugh! [​IMG]
    I really really really like Ben Barns! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. 4boysmom

4boysmom Songster

Jun 12, 2007
    Big Narnia fans at our house. Read the books over and over as a kid, now my kids do the same. We love the Focus on the Family drama on cd... can't wait for Dawn Treador to come out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by