:( All Of My Eggs Died!!

aggies2011

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Alto
I decided that since today was the 22nd day that i should just open the eggs........Well only two developed a duck and a chicken the others were just yolk
sad.png
I wonder what i did wrong!!??

Was the duck alive? Duck eggs take 28 days, don't they?

It's hard to say what went wrong - your eggs might not have been fertile, but how did the incubation go? What were your temps and humidity like?

the duck was dead! and i did everything right
sad.png
i might not have put enough water!
hmm.png
im gunna try again and this time i hope some hatch

You have a LG probably, that's all they carry at mine. Personally--I have heard LG are SUPER finicky about maintaining anything constitantly. Maybe try upgrading your incubator (or read about building your own--they are pretty easy to make
big_smile.png
) and definitely think about getting a digital temp/humidity gauge. I actually use 3 myself. Make sure to look up calibrating it too.

You are not the only one that has bad first hatches, we can all commiserate. Try again after readying a little bit more and I'm sure you'll do great next time!

dont open the egg... like southernbelle said arent ducks around 28 days? also for chickens they can hatch from day 21 to day 30!!! dont open when theyre a day late. i opened on of my eggs because the membrane hardened and i saved its life (so heroic
tongue.png
) by opening it, but that was after it pipped... So, really, dont open them. I got a hatch on day 24. ***also really why open the duck 6 days before it was due... thats like opening a chicken egg on day 15!*** just let them taker their time

Back
Top Bottom