All of my hens have stopped laying eggs?

None of them are Ill, and I know for a fact they don’t eat their eggs after laying them, though that was a good point, they have constant access to fresh water all day :)
As most have already said, it isn't uncommon for most breeds to have decreased numbers through the shorter days. My bielefelders, ISA browns, and light brahmas don't seem to be affected, but my other breeds take a well deserved break. :) and they seem to stop abruptly

I have 10 hens, and they’re about 7 months old. I was getting eggs from just about all of them daily, and for the last few days they’ve all just stopped laying. I’ve gotten about four eggs total in the last four days. It’s definitely getting colder here, could that be the reason, or is it something I might need to be more concerned about?
pho235.jpg

I have 10 hens, and they’re about 7 months old. I was getting eggs from just about all of them daily, and for the last few days they’ve all just stopped laying. I’ve gotten about four eggs total in the last four days. It’s definitely getting colder here, could that be the reason, or is it something I might need to be more concerned about?
Do you free range?

It is more likely the shortened daylight than the cold. My pullets are slowly laying, my hens have stopped laying for the season, and they will start laying in the spring again.
Thank you! I’m still getting eggs from two of my RIR, so I imagine the other breeds just aren’t quite as adapted to the cold!

Back
Top Bottom