All Politics aside, I want to hear from Arizona Folks......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Every day I read about more and more killings along the border. Close to 3500 acres of park land was recently closed? The state is getting boycotted (supposedly, I don't know for sure)....................

So has any of this effected you Arizona folks and how.

I am asking folks to TOTALLY avoid any and all political junk here, I just want to know from folks on the ground whats going on, how it effects them etc. I have family moving to the area and am very curious, as Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are 3 of states I am looking at retirement wise.

2. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Can't go wrong with Texas!!! [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:Can't go wrong with Texas!!! [​IMG]

Lil sis is in Plano, Bro is in Carelton, Ma lives in Waxahachie but works n Ennis, Grandpa lives in Seabrook near galviston, Aunts are in both Dallas n Kehma... But I have cuz's going from Cali to Alabama where my dads side of the family lives.

4. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    then we would be about an hour or so apart and I could hook you up with a new flock.

Micah

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My parents moved to Arizona about 5-6 years ago for my father's job and my mother hates it. They live in the Phoenix area. They live in a nice middle-class neighborhood with a fenced yard and good neighbors, but they've had the house broken into twice and they've been the victim of hit and run drivers 3 times (illegals that don't want to be caught.) You couldn't pay me enough money to live there. [​IMG]

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Impressive that they can tell the person who hit them and then didn't stop was an illegal...

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:Impressive that they can tell the person who hit them and then didn't stop was an illegal...

[​IMG] I was thinking ther same thing.

I'm sorry- but I feel for the immigrants- legal or not. They work harder for every (measly)dollar they earn than most of us ever will. What is AZ going to do when they're all gone and they don't have thier business? Who are they going to blame for every little crime? Boo hoo. Unless you are Native American or decended from slaves- all of our families came here at some point looking for a better life. What's the crime in that?

How much money do you think the state would make if they all paid taxes? They make so little money most of them would qualify for medicaid and foodstamps and probably not owe any tax anyway.

8. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    yea like that medicaid and foodstamps isn't hitting us in the pockets.I'm all for immigration------DO IT LEGAL!

Micah

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Boyd-- you are gonna get in trouble.... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    A former co-worker moved to TX on the Mexican border. Bought a nice house in a gated subdivision. His wife left him after a neighbor was shot and robbed while leaving the residential complex. She couldn't take the fear, and reading about drug crime constantly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: