1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

All Pullet Rainbow Pack from Meyers!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChicksinBoise, Jun 18, 2007.

1. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes, this is what we have decided to get...how fun, it will be like opening up a Christmas present when they arrive! [​IMG]

LINK:
    http://www.meyerhatchery.com/item.asp?n=DORP+06-25-07

Has anybody ever gone this route? I like it because they will mix in top layers AND they end up only costing $1.25 each.

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    My very first chickens were rainbow layers from Murray McMurray. Such fun!
    You will have a blast being detectives to figure out what kind you have. [​IMG]
    Have fun and post pics when they get to you.

3. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I got a mix of rare and very rare breeds from McMurray...they were all very pretty. I about drove myself crazy though trying to figure out what I had....Next time I will just order exactly what I want.

Kim

4. howlingwoodsfarm

howlingwoodsfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

that is exactly what I ordered and this is what we got.

ordered this year, just early season, are now 11 weeks old

8 barred rocks- 7 pullets, 1 roo
    3 rhode island reds
    6 white leghorns
    1 buff orpington or maybe buff rock
    4 brown leghorns
    5 black australorps

so I only got 1 roo out of the 26 that arrived and you are right, it was like christmas. all arrived healthy and happy and I did have one runt rhode island red get trampled to death days after they arrived but otherwise all are well.

I hope you love your selection too. pictures can be seen at www.freewebs.com/sirmookie if you are interested to see what your might look like

5. ChicksinBoise

ChicksinBoise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    Quote:Looks like you got a great group of egg layers with all them leghorns...lucky you! [​IMG] The brown leghorns you have look a lot like black sexlinks too. I have 2 of those.

Well, I got antsy and went to the local hatchery. I went to get 10 chicks and the lady gave me 14!! She was very nice. Here is the link when I brought them home on wednesday. They will be a week old on monday. I will have to take a 1 week pic.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9075

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by