All Pullet Rainbow Pack From Meyer's

Getting a Legbar in a randomized pack would be an incredibly valuable score!
right? That is why I am thinking it might be a brown leghorn
idunno.gif

Your chicks are so small it is hard to tell. Do they all have single combs? If not which ones do not? That will help to narrow down the possibilities. Also do all of your other chicks match the ones you showed?
They are really small, they seem to all have single combs. But they are so tiny I might change my mind in a week or so.
Thanks for looking.

The only thing I have found on their website so far that looks like this is a Swedish Flower Hen.

As far as that goes this could be a Swedish Flower Hen

This could be a Swedish Flower Hen

And well as this could be a Swedish flower Hen

As could this be a Swedish Flower Hen

I take it they won't just tell you what they sent you? I am sorry, but after looking at their website they carry too many breeds to say for sure what they sent you. Especially as they do carry breeds like Swedish Flower Hens that are a land race that come in a very wide array of plumage. They also have cross breeds like the Olive Eggers that can look like one of the parent breeds. Please post more photos as the chicks get larger and start to feather out. The nice thing about your chicks is you have a fun puzzle of figuring out what you have. The truth is with the possibility of mixed breed chicks you may never know for sure exactly what you have.

Thanks BBmama. I was thinking the black and white one was a barred rock, but it seemed more white than most of the pictures I could find. I'm sure there are variations, you probably confirmed that.
The white ones, I was wondering if it was a white rock. The leghorn pictures all have very yellow legs, and my chicks legs are more grey/pink. Not yellow at all.
Thanks for looking!

Thanks BBmama. I was thinking the black and white one was a barred rock, but it seemed more white than most of the pictures I could find. I'm sure there are variations, you probably confirmed that.
The white ones, I was wondering if it was a white rock. The leghorn pictures all have very yellow legs, and my chicks legs are more grey/pink. Not yellow at all.
Thanks for looking!
That is why I think it could be a Swedish flower hen. The leg color is all wrong for a white rock. Also the black chick with the white spot also matches the cuckoo Marans chicks. They look just the same and the photo of them on their site doesn't show any leg feathering. It isn't uncommon for cuckoo Marans in this country to not have feathered legs. Also the olive eggers are a blue/green egg breed crossed with a Marans. So many of the chicks come out looking like Marans chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom